KLP News

KLP March 2010 Newsletter here.

Coming soon....
Spring Mini Session Dates
KLP Workshop Date Announcement
NEW KLP logo!!!


Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Sign up for our Email
Newsletter





Thursday, October 15, 2009

[b]ecker | Recap on Smugmug/Meetup Seminar

a photog friend and i (hi steph!) got to see the becker speak at a Smug mug/Meet Up Seminar. the best part...it was FREE! so totally worth it :)

It was entitled "Passion and Profits" and despite his disclaimer of NOT being a professional or motivational speaker, I found him to be both.
As he was sharing his personal photo slideshow with us (photos he did not get paid to take) I was inspired to "see." He had the most awesome photos of the ordinary and made them so cool! it made me want to go out and shoot rusty buildings, beautiful sunsets and broken down cars, peeling paint. I had a hard time falling asleep because the wheels were turning!

So here are some of the snippets of info I came away with:
...Becker shoots Canon and jpegs (yes, jpegs!) He is also a Mac user. Yah! 2 out of 3 similarities ain't bad!
...He uses his 50mm 1.2 90% of the time- wedding, portraits, traveling. hhhmmmm...makes me think. do you/I r\really need all these lenses?? Or should you just master what you have?
...His BIG message: Do whatever it takes to deliver an Outstanding Experience to your clients.
...He recommended reading this book by Paul Arden.
...He has the COOLEST friends: Jasmine Star, The Boutwells, The Kaisers, Jessica Claire. I requested to be his friend on Facebook :)
...He is super passionate about what he does and it shows.
...Check out the [b] school. He's got a ton of video shorts with LOTS of info!!
...He loves Blog Comments as much as I do...so leave one for me! it will make my day :)
...and totally random, but I look forward to the day to remarry Zack again and all for "rad photos."


and what is a blog post without a photo???
Katelyn..vintage style


Win a FREE photo session with KLP!!!
**don't forget about my Bookmark Contest!!!

Stay tuned for a Bookmark Contest announcement. You aren't going to want to miss this! Yes, I am a tease :)

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP