KLP News

KLP March 2010 Newsletter here.

Coming soon....
Spring Mini Session Dates
KLP Workshop Date Announcement
NEW KLP logo!!!


Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Sign up for our Email
Newsletter





Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I am a chopper!

Sometimes, I get so caught up in focussing on the eyes and making sure they are placed in the photo just right according to the rule of thirds that I chop off limbs! See this post for more on Rule of Thirds.

I really am trying to work on it. I've been paying closer attention to all four corners of my frame before I press the shutter button.
There are so many things that I think about prior to releasing that shutter.
Set my White Balance, ISO and Aperture.
Am I in the best available light? Do I need to move or move my subject?
Set my focus point.
Check all four corners of my frame. Remove distracting elements from my background.
Press the shutter button.
Check LCD screen. Make adjustments as needed.
Shoot some more until your subject gives you the stink face or runs away LOL!!


See what I mean? I totally cut off Tyler's ankles and feet! And their is plenty of room above their heads! To my defense, we were somewhat rushed. We were losing light- FAST!, it was freezing and their were tons of ants on the tree.

Good thing I ran through my checklist, I checked my LCD screen and realized I was chopping, recomposed and took another photo.

Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon Sign up for our Email Newsletter

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP