KLP News

KLP March 2010 Newsletter here.

Coming soon....
Spring Mini Session Dates
KLP Workshop Date Announcement
NEW KLP logo!!!


Email Newsletter icon, E-mail Newsletter icon, Email List icon, E-mail List icon
Sign up for our Email
Newsletter





Wednesday, February 11, 2009

more Rich and Steph...and a Photography Tip



Zack and I were out scouting for Sweet Spots for shoots and Zack eyed these old Cloverdale Creamery trucks! SWEET!! I totally High 5'd him for this one!!
I think Steph was equally excited when we pulled up. Rich was like "What? I don't get it?"
I was SO having a moment!! LOL!


It's the Libra in me...I can't decide which one I like better..
Orignal Composition?

Or Cropped?

Either way, I love how the sunlight is surrounding them- like a BIG warm hug. Ah!

This might be a good time to talk about Rule of Thirds.
When I crop or take a photo I try to apply the Rule of Thirds to achieve an appealing Composition.
Cut your view finder or the image into 2 horizontal lines and 2 vertical lines. The focus of your photo should fall in either of the 4 places where the horizontal and vertical lines intersect. If it is a close up portrait, your subject's eye should fall in one of the four intersecting lines.

I picked this Photoshop tip up from somewhere??? Either from Scott Kelby, Adobe Video Tutorials or Lynda.
p.s. You can sign up for a 30 day free trial at Lynda and view a free class at Kelby Training.
In Photoshop you can use the Custom Shape Tool to help you crop a photo so that the Rule of Thirds apply.


Now you know what they say...rules are meant to be broken and I guess that is why I like this one too...


more to come...I promise!

on a personal note...I am back at the Gym! I am tired of feeling like a slacker! My goal is to go 3 days/week and get toned for the summer!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP